Blue Nairobi Metro Fibre Optic Network
Client: Broadband Access Limited (Subsidiary of Access Kenya Group Limited)
Duration: January 2009 to July 2010
Type: Turnkey Project
Scope of Work:
- Study and Design
- Supply and installations of all materials for Civil Works, FO Cable and accessories, Testing and Maintenance equipment
- Installation – Laying of HDPE pipes, Blowing of the FO Cable into the HDPE Pipes,
- Cable splicing, Termination, Testing and commissioning
- Internal Installations of cabinets and conduits in more than 250 buildings to enable termination of the cable into the buildings
- Electrical installations in all the over 250 buildings to power up the fiber cabinets.
- Preparation of as-built drawings for the entire network
The network covered more than 150 Km in Nairobi (within the Central Business District and its Environs) and Mombasa.